American Standard Bathtub Valve Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have an American Standard bathtub with two separate valves for hot and cold water. This system was probably put in sometime in the 40's or 50's. My problem is that the faucet has been dripping for sometime. I have removed the handles from the valves but was unable to remove the nut that holds the stem in. I have purchased the valve removal sockets but the nut seems to not be one of the standard socket sizes. It looks like it is a 1" socket is what I will need, but I have no clue where to find one of these.

Could you please suggest a way to remove the nut or where I can buy these off size sockets possibly on the Internet?

Thanks,

Newbiehandyman

+++++++++++++++++++
Moderator's note:

The jocular comments below are because this is a UK website, so we are not familiar with US standards.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
Sorry newbie I can't help but if you pay my air fare to get me to the US I will have a look

Sponsored Links
Moderator's note:

The jocular comments below are because this is a UK website, so we are not familiar with US standards.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++++

I wasnt jesting If he would pay my airfare I would have a look :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back