amps

Hay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I brought a new shower and it requires a 45amp (didn't check before buying) can i change the red cartridge to have a 45 amp in it? bit of a long shot but don't want to buy new shower again
Thanks

Sponsored Links
A Red cartridge fuse will be 30amp.

A 30amp circuit will usually have been run in 6mm cable. If the circuit was installed in the last few years, there is a good chance the sparky who ran the cable used a 10mm, in which case the fuse could be up-rated.

If the cable is a 6mm, I am afraid not.

I am assuming we are talking about a 9.5 or 10kw shower here?

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
really andy, you are like a broken record recently! :LOL:

He's got a point though. I'm not a spark so don't want to argue with Lectrician, but without knowing the cable run details (for derating purposes) it's not possible to say that 10mm cable on a 9.5+ KW shower is ok and safe.

I did say could be uprated and not can :LOL:

A bit open ended I admit :confused:

Yes, even 10mm maybe too small on a long run and if run in thermal insualtion, or if grouped with other cables etc etc etc........but rare

Although.....with the increase in insulation in new builds......

Was that done after a visit to the local alcohol servery last night andy? ;)

crafty1289 said:
Was that done after a visit to the local alcohol servery last night andy? ;)

PDA has a habit of re-submittin posts posts for some reason... 1st post was edited 2nd i didnt kno was posted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back