Amptec Flow Boiler emptied itself and flooded

Sponsored Links
Depends! Does it have a expansion vessel fitted( Red Circular / oval clyinder that acommadates the expansion of hot water?
Was the Pressure relief pipe ( overflow) directed to out side, or just left open in the attic?
Could be anything without any discripttion!! :rolleyes:

Thank you for your response. I will come back with hopefully proper terminology.
It is a tank which services radiators. The man who looked at it just after it happened said there is something like an olive which popped out. Something about compression.
Jenny

If he said '' compression '' He's on about a simple fitting/ connection that links pipework 2gether, i.e connects copper pipe or plastic to joint them 2gether.
Looks like one of the fitting's wasnt tightend up correctly. It sometimes happens as theres a lot involved in fitting a heating system. It could of been hand tight, which will sometimes hold it 4 a while but will always go 'POP'
Youve just been unlucky ,its not a case of getting Dom Littlewood(Watchdog) out to go and hunt the fitter down and name and shame him!!!! :LOL:
He's a bugger 4 that, Obviously there are cowboys but he goes too far!
Anyway any more advice, just drop me a line (or whatever commy. geek speak is ! :LOL:
Good look

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply, very kind of you.
I have this further information -
"Main feed into header tank.
Stopcock on main feed is held on by compression fitting.
Bottom feed pipe into compressor fitting."
Does this make any sense to you? It was explained that it was like an olive popping out. Could cold weather have caused this? The house was heated and chimney isn't far from tank in attic.
It ruined two ceilings, two floors and two fitted carpets not to mention clothes, computer etc.
MY CONCERN IS, HOW TO STOP IT HAPPENING AGAIN.
Jenny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back