amptec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all Amptec whats the word on these are they dependable, at £400 they seem a good buy but??? I am not invovled with ch I am a spark and a buddy will do the install as pipebending, soldering etc is an art practiced by those of an uncertain background and rumours of the dark side :D My mate hasn't heard anything negative but he reckons they are a well known make any views
Devlin

Sponsored Links
They're owned by Baxi, they're ok if you haven't got gas, but obviously they won't be as cheap to run being electric.

be sure to follow the installation instructions the letter re pipework venting etc

the larger the output the more expensive they become, there are a few different makes on the market.

The Amptec have problems with the PCB's other than that there ok

Sponsored Links
pcb's were a problem and Heatrea openly admitted it. Those in the last couple of years have been redesigned and ok.

I just cannot see the point in an electric central heating boiler. You might just as well put electric heaters with timers and thermostats everywhere plus a dhw cyl with immersion heater.

Yes, I agree!

My friend in France has a wet electric system in his Gite ( which I had to repair when I went there the first time ) operating on UFH.

I think its a 12kW on three phases but I may have forgotten that point.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back