Amtec electro heat boiler.....only Luke warm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I rent a property that has the Amtec electric boiler to provide heating and water. It appeared to work fine for the last 4 months since moving in, then the hot water seemd to take longer to get hot. It has slowly got worse and now is only producing very Luke warm water.

It has always baffled me slightly. When the hot water is switched on, the radiators get hot...which will be inconvenient in the summer. I am unable to bleed the radiators as the valves are all painted solid and cannot be turned.

My landlady is "looking into it", but if there is a quick fix, I would like to know.

Thank you in advance for any helpful advice.
Ali

Sponsored Links
if rads get hot amtec is working ok.do you have a 3 port valve in your airing cupboard if so you need to check it is letting the heat from the boiler into the cylinder.sounds like a faulty valve problem esp if rads get hot at same time

Thank you.....I have no idea what I have in my airing cupboard other than towels.....but what you say makes sense. At least I have some info to pass on to my landlady who by her silence is probably scared of an expensive fix.
Thank you again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back