Amtico Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I engaged a company to do a cash in hand job of laying Amtico flooring

Last Thursday they started and we went away
They removed the carpet and some very nasty thin block finger flooring I hope.
I was never warned that removing all this could drop floor and create gaps round skirting and door linings etc
Fortunately I returned home Sunday night and prevented them starting work Monday They turned up ready to start Huge gaps in places I would have been devestrated to find it completed .
I have now have to hunt round for a carpenter who will take some of the skirtings off and I also didnt know that it is preferable to paint skirting boards and complete decorating before floor is laid.
I have also discovered today that because of age of house built in 1940s that a DPM should have been installed Is this true Dont know what to do Please can someone advise

Sponsored Links
Things are worst Large cracks have appeared and apparently floor has blown and damp is high Want to stop them doing anything else How do I do that

Want to stop them doing anything else How do I do that

Simple answer is not let them in. Of course have no idea where this would leave you contractually.

EDIT

Since it is cash in hand, just tell them they are useless bodgers ( which I what I understand you are saying ) and to get lost.

You then hire a professional who will do a job to standard, although lots of posters on here say Amtico is difficult to lay so you will need to take care in your selection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back