An insurance lesson?

Easy to do on comparison sites.....just adjust your NCB to see your true cost.
Not really, insurance company tells you the end price which is their base price less the discount OR do they just work out how much they will charge you and then claim it is after your discount has been accounted for.

Years ago I can remember there was loads of adverts offering heating systems with 20%, 30%, or even 40%, off. End prices were fairly consistent which was strange bearing in mind the differing discounts!

So maybe the question is why don't insurance companies advertise their base price? Is there in fact one?

Sponsored Links
So.....lets say you had a small incident with your hire car in Spain.
Would you declare it back in Britain?
John :)

Easy to do on comparison sites.....just adjust your NCB to see your true cost.
Not really, insurance company tells you the end price which is their base price less the discount OR do they just work out how much they will charge you and then claim it is after your discount has been accounted for.

So maybe the question is why don't insurance companies advertise their base price? Is there in fact one?

If you ask for a quote with no NCB first, then change it to include your NCB there surely will be difference, if not you know for certain you are being done. :LOL:

Let's not forget we are dealing with two sets of vermin when insuring anything...the broker and the underwriter. In my limited experience I have found the brokers to be the worst as I believe it is them that adds the largest portion on to the quote in order to make a profit. One of the reasons you will often have a higher renewal quote year on year....they sound you out to see if you will even bother questioning it as a lot of folk won't.

I once got a renewal for £750 which was outrageous for a car that barely does 2k miles a year. I told them on the phone to try again and not even bother phoning back if it was more than £500.....they called back an hour later with a quote of £495. :LOL: They were told to shove it.

Sponsored Links
Back