An unusual timer problem Worcester Greenstar Jr 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Newbie to the forum, but not DIY having completely renovated period properties over the last 35 years.

The problem is that on a Worcester Greenstar Jr 24i boiler the MT10 doesn't turn off...WAIT...I have read the threads.....even with a new timer fitted!

Even with a second brand new MT10 fitted, the unit switches on at the chosen times but never off when that selection comes.

So, what else needs to be looked at, please, to get the MT10 to work properly?

TIA

Vigman[/b]

Sponsored Links
I think you will need someone who knows how tom use a test meter to identify the problem!

Tony

I think you will need someone who knows how tom use a test meter to identify the problem!

Tony

Thanks. I have now also found out that the MT10 dip switches simply hit a lever one way or another for on and off and if this lever is stiff it will not be operated by the MT10!

There are only room stats in this unit, so I think a good idea might be to fit a room stat and bypass the MT10?

Vigman

Tony

Thanks. I have now also found out that the MT10 dip switches simply hit a lever one way or another for on and off and if this lever is stiff it will not be operated by the MT10!

There are only room stats in this unit, so I think a good idea might be to fit a room stat and bypass the MT10?

Vigman

There is a batch of dodgy mt10's doing the rounds

Sponsored Links
The mt10's are pretty poor really. If your under warranty call Worcester out and they will most likely change it for the much better dt10 if you ask the engineer nicely. Ask me how I know ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back