Angela Rayner

What are you suggesting is out of time? Tax or fraud or both?

The police are only investigating the alleged electoral offence. You have said that yourself, more than once. But the deadline for prosecuting any electoral offence, passed more than seven years ago.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
"That and everything else makes me reasonably certain that he has avoided around £3.7m in tax."

And of course he used his money for expensive lawyers to threaten libel law against anyone who investigated him. Ange can't afford this.

176 Time limit for prosecutions.​

(1)A proceeding against a person in respect of [F1any offence under any provision contained in or made under this Act] shall be commenced within one year after the offence was committed

(2B)The magistrates' court may extend the time within which proceedings must be commenced in pursuance of subsection (1) above to not more than 24 months after the offence was committed.

This is possibly why AR knows she won't be found guilty :LOL::LOL:

I don’t think that helps her. More getting away with it than being not guilty

Now followed up in the Indy

Mr Wortley described the police probe as “completely pointless”, saying: “Why waste money on investigating something absolutely time-barred? They would not do it for (Road Traffic Act) matters nearly a decade after it could be prosecuted.”

“It is not the role of the police to investigate something that could never be charged.”

But why are the police investigating, knowing it is a total waste of time? It looks like the governing party have forced them to do this. That can't be good.

You said yourself, that AR will use the lack of any prosecution on the electoral offence to say she did nothing wrong. Now we know that no prosecution is an absolute certainty.

Sponsored Links
Back