Angela Rayner

There remains uncertainty over what exactly GMP is investigating

I'm glad I am not the only one confused by this!

FWIW, this is my take on what is most likely to have happened. A young single mother, with a difficult upbringing, buys her council house. A couple of years later she gets married and moves in with her husband. But she still wants to leave her options open for a period. For some reason, rightly or wrongly, she believes she needs to reside at her own house to avoid paying back the RTB discount. So she takes steps to make it look like she is still living there, such as remaining on the electoral roll and paying the utility bills. As a kindly person, she lets her brother, who has struggled after serving in Iraq, live in that house for free.

Sponsored Links
I've previously found a couple of further sources, like the one below. And then I've found others saying the opposite. It seems to be an area of considerable confusion. There doesn't seem to be anything in the primary legislation which says you have to live there as your main residence or that you can't rent it out.

https://www.cityboroughhousing.co.uk/renting-your-right-to-buy-property-all-you-need-to-know/

That is disgusting if so. Most of us would never get a council house even if we were in dire straits and at risk of being homeless. Those who do benefit from that privilege shouldn't be given a cushy route to home ownership and being a landlord.

It made sense in the 1980s when a massive proportion of the housing stock was public, but now it is quite different. Public housing is very scarce and seems to be reserved for those considered most needy of all (usually single mothers with children and "refugees"). It seems perverse that the beneficiaries could actually have been well off enough to later buy the property and then, having another home as well, be able to rent it out! The system needs overhauling.

Because they are civil cases?
Tne civil judge made it clear those at the top must have known about hacking. Sadly kier having prosecuted as dpp is silent now when he needs the support of the sunn. He must be desperate to avoid upsetting murdock.

Sponsored Links
I’ve not said anything that isn’t backed up by information that is in the public domain.

Perhaps you’d care to explain her story?
Because they are civil cases?
Is everything in the public domain? I don't think it is, so you are basing your attack on half information. A smear in other words.

I can't explain her story because I don't have all the facts.

I will wait for the outcome. The FACTUAL outcome.

You carry on if you wish but you just make yourself look less and less legally knowledgeable by continuing without ALL the information.

Fair point but when it comes down to the voracity of argument there is a clear winner. Its not John by the way and that's not a tribal view however much some may try to paint it as such.
It certainly isn't mbk, unless you too think you don't need all the facts

I'm glad I am not the only one confused by this!

FWIW, this is my take on what is most likely to have happened. A young single mother, with a difficult upbringing, buys her council house. A couple of years later she gets married and moves in with her husband. But she still wants to leave her options open for a period. For some reason, rightly or wrongly, she believes she needs to reside at her own house to avoid paying back the RTB discount. So she takes steps to make it look like she is still living there, such as remaining on the electoral roll and paying the utility bills. As a kindly person, she lets her brother, who has struggled after serving in Iraq, live in that house for free.
Fair enough - although i think the confusion lies between a possible conviction for tax evasion or a prosecution over electoral fraud - is it one or the other...or both?

The main Tory aim will be to embarrass Labour as much as possible for as long as possible so ask yourself what is their plot? One thing for sure is that they will want a resignation. The electoral roll aspect might be the first step.

Political parties and opposition forced resignations? They resist.;) Mind you I'm inclined to think the Tory have had more problems in that general sot of area when thinking back over the years.

Fair enough - although i think the confusion lies between a possible conviction for tax evasion or a prosecution over electoral fraud - is it one or the other...or both?

I honestly don't know what, if anything, the police are investigating.

MBK seems to be trying to show a conspiracy to defraud Stockport council out of a single person council tax discount :LOL:

There's an analog here with tax evasion/avoidance/getting away without paying.

Those who think they're important enough to decide guilt in that arena are now exercising their powers of self-delusion to prejudge the issues and outcome for Ange.

There's an analog here with tax evasion/avoidance/getting away without paying.

Those who think they're important enough to decide guilt in that arena are now exercising their powers of self-delusion to prejudge the issues and outcome for Ange.

Let's cut to the chase. You have absolutely no problem at all with immoral behaviour or hypocrisy if it involves somebody who wears the Labour rosette. That it all you are, somebody who clings to a brand and a logo. How very, very sad.

Not in my head clearly.
Oops,

"The tax system is complicated, and lots of people accidentally pay the wrong amount of tax (I’ve done it myself). That’s not a crime. It’s not a crime even if you’re careless or negligent. Ignorance is (in effect) a defence to the crime of tax evasion, because “tax evasion” means intentionally and dishonestly failing to pay tax."

Let's cut to the chase. You have absolutely no problem at all with immoral behaviour or hypocrisy if it involves somebody who wears the Labour rosette. That it all you are, somebody who clings to a brand and a logo. How very, very sad.
Somebody else who won't wait for and accept the outcome

Your analytical abilities are.... absent.
You're making a proper idiot of yourself.
I have no generalised opinions or affectations with political parties.
Brand? Logo?
Do stop being a jerk.

Sponsored Links
Back