Angela Rayner

Sponsored Links
Looks like her story has changed based on the Times story.

Looks like someone has been busy reverse engineering a credible reason for failure to declare.

Nothing to do with “selling her home” then.

Looks like her story has changed based on the Times story.

Looks like someone has been busy reverse engineering a credible reason for failure to declare.

Nothing to do with “selling her home” then.

I posted several times that I thought this was likely.

The Daily Mail article says that if she spent £15,000 on improvements, there would be no CGT to pay. The photos in another Daily Mail article show that the house had a pretty nice bathroom and kitchen when she sold it in 2015. Is it possible that she fitted a much better kitchen than the ones which were present when she bought it from the council. And did other improvements. Maybe that is why she is confident. She claims to have taken advice in the past month which confirms there was no CGT due.

It's fun watching the troglodytes on the Daily Mail comments section try to get their heads around this :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That’s the value of a good accountant, when you have to reverse engineer a return to cover a mistake. Of course it’s completely different to not paying CGT on selling your “home”.

Maybe she thought fitting a new kitchen didn't look good. Buy why should she have to explain her tax return and what she spends money on? How much did Sunak spend on his new swimming pool?

I'm sure anyone who carries out an official investigation will have enough access to the information to make a sensible decision.

Unlike motorbiking.

So, it looks like the first two charges against Angela Rayner have now been rebutted. Any potential electoral roll offence is time barred. No CGT was due because of the improvements. That leaves us potentially with the council tax single person discount and the RTB discount clawback issues.

So, it looks like the first two charges against Angela Rayner have now been rebutted. Any potential electoral roll offence is time barred. No CGT was due because of the improvements. That leaves us potentially with the council tax single person discount and the RTB discount clawback issues.

You've missed out the two obvious charges:

- she's not a Tory
- she is a woman

Not looking good for AR then, in the court of MBK ;)

Not looking good to say you sold your home and therefore didn’t have to pay CGT. When it wasn’t true.

I think most people will see this is a big swerve away from her original story. Of course she does need to be able to prove it

Well, I think most people will be very turned off by the spectacle of a billionaire PM, who has just built himself a new swimming pool, badgering a care worker to disclose how much she spent on a new kitchen. But that's just my opinion.

“I didn’t have to pay CGT on my old house, because of the renovations I made.” Would have killed it from day one.

Well, I think most people will be very turned off by the spectacle of a billionaire PM, who has just built himself a new swimming pool, badgering a care worker to disclose how much she spent on a new kitchen. But that's just my opinion.
A care worker. Oh that’s hilarious.

Sponsored Links
Back