Angela Rayner

Is she subject to a parliamentary investigation. Nope.

Boris didn't have this level of constant hounding by one section of the media. We were told to let the Sue Gray inquiry runs its course, and then the police investigation.

Sponsored Links
All she had to do was admit the mistake. Now her whole web is subject to scrutiny with her neighbours publicly calling her a liar.

Is it really credible to argue that you got married but lived separately for 5 years?

All she had to do was admit the mistake. Now her whole web is subject to scrutiny with her neighbours publicly calling her a liar.

Which mistake, specifically?

Anyway, you are being extremely disingenuous. You know full well that, whatever she told them, CCHQ and the gutter press would just have kept on demanding more and more personal information about her living arrangements.

Sponsored Links
This one

She was told almost immediately that she had the wrong end of stick. But here we are.

So, what would have happened if she had said instead "I have been accused of not paying capital gains tax when I sold my house in 2015. But the fact is, because I had improved the property before I sold it, there actually wasn't any capital gains tax due". Are you saying that CCHQ and the gutter press would have just left her alone? They would just have forgotten about the electoral roll, instead of demanding that the police investigate? Or would they have demanded to see photos and proof of the improvements. And then more and more personal details.

Last edited:
I very much doubt she'd be under this level of focus. If you turn a mistake in to a lie you just make it worse.

You know as well as I do that is not how Tory HQ and their henchmen in the gutter press operate. You are involved in some pretty invidious victim blaming here. Trying to justify the hounding of Angela Rayner, by saying that it's all her own fault.

You know as well as I do that is not how Tory HQ and their henchmen in the gutter press operate. You are involved in some pretty invidious victim blaming here. Trying to justify the hounding of Angela Rayner, by saying that it's all her own fault.
I think that he actually thinks he is being fair

She's not a victim, she is a politician and she is front and centre when it's the Tories who make mistakes with their taxes. Now it's her in the court of public opinion.

She got it wrong and has turned a mistake into a lie.

The labour political machine is as bad as the tories.

Sponsored Links
Back