Anglian windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did a search earlier tonight on Anglian windows
Not impressed buts lot of the posts were older. I need new dg and have approached 3 local independents, all on recommendation from people we know. Also tried Anglian after a knock at the door.
Prices vary at 4.5,5.9,6.5amd Anglian at 7.3k
Not sure what to do cps it's not easy comparing like for like
Any advice welcome

Sponsored Links
Sorry there ain’t a simple answer, for what it’s worth this is what I’ve found.
I used BAC first time very good job so I had them in again, different team almost had the front of my house down because the did not support the bay!

When I wanted a porch I used a local supplier for the door that was fine but two years later they disappeared and I had problems finding spares for it.

My cousin used Anglian and was happy with them, I used a couple of local independent companies for my own and a rental Both times I had problems with the installation and needed recalls, I had to get up the ladder and show one guy what was wrong in the end or it would never have been finished. The products themselves were both good quality.

The problem seems to be always the quality of the installation team at least with a national company you will eventually get it fixed, but if you have a one man band screw up and you fall out with the individual you are in a bit of a spot!

Might be worth waiting till Anglian chase you up and use the other quotes to bargain them down. For my sins I briefly worked for a national DG company the starting price is some way to say the least from the minimum they will come down to!

Good luck,
footprints

Rjm and footprints cheers for the advice
Not sure which way to go , independent or national
Anglian say 10%deposit and pay rest when work done. Also tey say no subbies used and the quality of their own produced units is good
There's about 50/60 bad posts on here for anglianbut that averages out at less than one per branch
Still edging towards my independents , Anglian had a hard sell I didn't like.indps came in chated about the job , measured up and gone, no slagging opposition

Sponsored Links
The reason I left my DG company (not Anglian in case you wonder) was the hard sell approach, I was expected to get a sale on the night.

I wasn't happy pressurizing people so I left, they had a very high turnover of sales staff.

Stupid approach In my view as they had a very good product and a bit of soft pedaling and a fair price would have got them more customers, with a polite thank you for your time I will ring you in a day or so, I could have sold loads!

Now how are you going to fund this investment? We have excelent credit plans. Oh look you are near a station we can discount for that, well blow me there's a "R" in the month that's a bit more off!

I do love having DG salesmen in since I saw the other side of the tracks!

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back