Annoying Driving Habits...

Few people want to get involved today .... See an injustice, turn the other cheek, sign of the times !!

P

Sponsored Links
Oncoming drivers signalling that they are turning (to their) left who then pull across into my lane before turning as they are too lazy/stupid to turn their wheel faster/ to full lock.

Sponsored Links
For those of us who are aware that we are, to an extent, guilty of this, can you suggest how we can learn to correct it? Not everybody's brain is wired the same way.

I mean you used the word "can't" - I guess I *can* to an extent, and *do*, to an extent, especially now I've been living in a busier area of the country for 7 years, but even so, I'd rather wait (sometimes longer than I feel is justified) than make someone slam on their brakes or worse. My current car (Suzuki Splash, also sold as Vauxhall Agila) has better acceleration than some other very small cars, but is not exactly boy racer material.
3 - Again this links to No1, but people who can't judge speed of traffic, so will wait at a junction untill no cars are visable before pulling away, when several safe gaps in the traffic have passed.

Oncoming drivers signalling that they are turning (to their) left who then pull across into my lane before turning as they are too lazy/stupid to turn their wheel faster/ to full lock.

They are the same drivers, who when making a right turn into a lesser road, cut the corner impinging on the wrong side of the road, of the minor road - forcing anyone on the minor road intending to come out, to have to stop well short of the give-way. No problem, if they are driving a long vehicle, but a steering wheel, with a decent lock, seems to be an option, on the smaller cars.

People who park on the dropped kerb of a shared driveway to go to the neighbours.

People who don't know or won't give way to other drivers who are ascending a hill - particularly when towing (best excuse I've heard to date by an idiot going down the hill - 'I don't give way as my brakes might fail' WTF - then the car shouldn't be on the road!).

'School Mum's' in particular who park waiting for their brats who don't switch their engines off and don't know where the light switch is.

One I haven't seen mentioned is drivers who don't use their handbrake when stopped at traffic lights etc. Very irritating, especilly at night when it's raining.

One I haven't seen mentioned is drivers who don't use their handbrake when stopped at traffic lights etc. Very irritating, especilly at night when it's raining.
They might have an automatic handbrake which goes on when the car comes to a stop. It also applies the brake lights.

OH come on guys, this was discussed 20 years ago, do we really need to go over it again? :)

I was in a car with a mate once and he was moaning and cursing at drivers who didn’t use their indicators. We then went round a roundabout and he didn’t use his indicators. When I told him what he had done, he said "Don’t need to - I know where I’m going!”

34b People driving green cars...

EV.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back