Another blow to my faith in human nature

Sponsored Links
Must admit I appear to have seen more dead animals on the road side of one particular stretch of road than I think I have ever seen

deers
Foxes
Badgers

Perhaps the man who usually clears them away is on furlough.

Sponsored Links
Must admit I appear to have seen more dead animals on the road side of one particular stretch of road than I think I have ever seen

deers
Foxes
Badgers
On one section of the A12 last Friday week between Romford and Colchester, I saw nothing but dead badgers. Must have seen 8 of them.

I came across this while I was out walking three weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20210414_143620.jpg
    20210414_143620.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 86
Could the reason have something to do with the first lockdown being very quiet so animals became a bit bolder then there was a traffic increase?

We have bats in our office roof

another place we go to he has bats in his loft

they have to muck out the loft every so often

We have bats in our office roof

another place we go to he has bats in his loft

they have to muck out the loft every so often

And you can't do anything about them as they too are protected. When they leave to go hunting you cannot block the holes they use.
Basically you just have to put up with them and leave them be.

As for the Ospreys, I hope they catch the bast*%^s and throw the book at them.

And you can't do anything about them as they too are protected. When they leave to go hunting you cannot block the holes they use.
Basically you just have to put up with them and leave them be.
My mates house was compulsory purchased last year because it was in the path of the new Thames crossing. It was a fair size house and he got over £900k for it plus stamp duty on that amount (to go towards his new house), plus moving expenses, plus expenses for looking for a new house, plus all legal and other expenses. One of those other expenses was that he had to pay for a bat survey. That involved three blokes sitting in his garden for the best part of the evening for the best part of a week, looking and listening with special equipment for bats coming out of his attic! I don’t know what would have happened if they had found any bats - cancel the new crossing or move the route?

perhaps they were under instructions not to find any bats.

The new Heathrow extension was chosen, among other things, because some rare wildflower was reported to be in a meadow in the alternative site.

When attempts were later made to find this wildflower, there was no evidence that it had ever existed.

Funny, that.

Fancy the governments preferred option being supported by a non-existent flower.

"They will also argue that the Secretary of State was wrong to reject Gatwick as an alternative to Heathrow on the grounds that expansion at this location might threaten a species of orchid."

https://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/2525/Councils-back-in-court-to-challenge-Heathrow-expansion

can't find the later report.

Sponsored Links
Back