Another EU Directive that COULD have been good.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just read this and thought to myself "What a load of male bovine poo-poo". As soon as someone tries to bring about real equality, a group of people moan that it will get rid of the sweet deal that they currently enjoy.

So I was thinking, surely the EU Gender Directive should REALLY include:

1) No sexual discrimination by insurers
2) No sexual discrimination by employers
3) Gender is no longer an excuse to get all stroppy for nearly a week every month
4) "Women's troubles" is no longer an acceptable excuse for being off sick nearly every month. We wouldn't use "I had itchy knackers" as an excuse for two days off.
5) Shouting at your colleagues then slumping down in a crying heap should result in the same action whether you are a man or woman. At any time of the month.

Anyone got any more? :LOL:

But this bit got me really confused:

"It also means that married women should be free to get credit without a requirement for their husbands to be guarantors, and that part time workers should be able to apply for loans."

I wasn't aware this was the case... surely if you need a guarantor YOU ARE A HIGHER RISK FOR THE LENDER!!! You only need a guarantor if the lender isn't certain you have the means yourself! For crying out loud! Does this mean we can all go out and get 10-times-earnings mortgages? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I'm under the impression that as the law stands at the moment your wife can run up lots of credit debts and when she has no means to pay these the husband becomes responsible for the debt and the monies can be taken from him to satisfiy the creditors.

As well as this we can have black music radio stations and asian but if we had white only............yes , we would be rascist. And the Black Police officers Association, lets have a white one.........oh no!!

jasy said:
As well as this we can have black music radio stations and asian but if we had white only............yes , we would be rascist. And the Black Police officers Association, lets have a white one.........oh no!!
Er, I think you may be reading too much into this, the radio stations are catering for people who like that form of music, nothing more!?!
As for the Black Police Officers Association there obviously was a need for it.

Sponsored Links
Not reading to much into it mate. I thought a police officer was a police officer and it was the uniform that counted. What i was trying to say was if we had white this and white that we would be classed as rascist but we can have black this and asian that and it is not classed as rascist.......why??( got there in the end kendor me old mate ;) )

what i was saying is that a radio station whether it be Capital or another, play music to appeal to the listeners in their transmission footprint therefore the music selection will reflect the majority in that.
I think that the mention of blacks, asians getting better deals over whites is a fallacy brought about by the people who wish that sort of propaganda to try to change things to their benefit the sort of propaganda which was put to effect so successfully before the second world war.

You are missing the point. We should all be under the same umbrella and not defined by our colour, correct? The fact that groups identify themselves by using 'black' association this and 'asian' association that is ok but as soon as someone uses 'white' in their group or association it is classed as being rascist. And by the way i am not a nazi if that is what you were implying :eek:

wasn't implying anything, but you missed the point i was saying that you are reading too far into it and there are black, asian radio stations simply because there is call for them.And it wouldn't surprise me if they were white backed financially.

I am one who disagrees with segregational groups such as Black this, Asian that, White whatever. But the police force was said to be full of racism, although I couldn't say if that is true as I am not a policeman. Hopefully that has been driven out now; although I am sure that there are still be racist people IN the police force, one would hope that they no longer see it as acceptable to practice this racism. But, in order to lend support to those officers who felt themselves to be getting a raw deal, they had to have a support group.

Perhaps a "Police Officers Against Racism Association" would have been less confrontational, as then officers of any colour could join in order to show their support for a non-discriminatory force. In fact, it would have been a lot more successful as it would have shown racist officers that even people of their own colour were against them.

The terrible thing is, people died in South Africa in their campaign to remove formal segregation. Yet here we see informal segregation protected as a right. :rolleyes:

Adam i agree wholeheartedly with you about not putting people in pidgeon holes, perhaps i could be so bold as to go one step further and get rid of nationalities, we as a human race should be one and stand together as one race or species.
It's good to see the boundaries have come down since the disaster overseas and that loads of people over here have shown sympathy and generosity towards those so much in need at this time, brings a smile to my face that the human spirit is still there and that greed and selfishness hasn't overtaken everyone.

It seems that often a "black" or "asian" version of things (eg. Police association mentioned previously) is necessary because the rest of the particular establishment is perceived as being the "white" equvalent of such a group

kendor said:
wasn't implying anything, but you missed the point i was saying that you are reading too far into it and there are black, asian radio stations simply because there is call for them.And it wouldn't surprise me if they were white backed financially.

is there a call for white only music??.there may be ;)

jasy said:
kendor said:

is there a call for white only music??.there may be ;)
This is why i mentioned Capital radio as it's a station most have heard of and they play a mixture of music i'm sure the programming is governed by the advertisers to appeal to the broadest audience. I'm sure you are right there must be a call for "white only music" but in order for a station to broadcast it it must first be financially viable.

hence my statement about reading too far into it, More likely to do with financial viability than anything untoward.

I'm all for equality more than most if you read my other posts I also believe in freedom of speech as long as it doesn't undermine or hurt another.

Sorry if you took it personally about the propoganda it wasn't directed at you just making the point that people make their own minds up from heresay instead of the facts and this sometimes gets whipped up into a frenzy as was shown in WW2.

I've never stood up for only one race, creed or such, I just abhor injustice towards all and if there are blacks or asians who do things outside the law then they must be taken to task same as if they were white or yellow but not all are criminals.

kendor said:
perhaps i could be so bold as to go one step further and get rid of nationalities, we as a human race should be one and stand together as one race or species.
It's good to see the boundaries have come down since the disaster overseas and that loads of people over here have shown sympathy and generosity towards those so much in need at this time, brings a smile to my face that the human spirit is still there and that greed and selfishness hasn't overtaken everyone.

I am sure that all nationalities, and professions have all contributed, yes even the plumbers......but come on, does anybody expect a "did" to give anybody out there a piece of lucky heather...we as a human race should be one and stand together as one race or species, I like the idea, but there are some.........

(Yeah, I know, it's "didist")

Sponsored Links
Back