another garage question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
designing my new lean to garage and the roller door will cover most of the end of the garage can I build a steel frame for the end to house the door and a window then clad the space above the door and below the window with cladding
the roof will be box profile sheets so lighter than tiles in using steel I can have the door tight to the left without needing to build a pier for a lintel a I cannot build lintel into party wall
View media item 65584

Sponsored Links
as the pics show the current and new door would be tight to the left the current timber frame is fastened to the party wall and I want to fit a roller door so was thinking a 100mm x 100mm steel frame

the max garage width is 4375 to external wall so 3050 door +100mm+100mm frame +140mm for wall leaving about 900mm for window so there would be no weight in this end of the building

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back