Another government money making scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Landrover has been off the road for a few months and during this time the MOT expired, on speaking to the local testing station I was told that the test would be £44 odd and that if it failed I would have to cough up another £44 to retest!!!! OK the garage needs to be paid for doing the job but how much of the test fee goes to the garage and how much to Blair :evil: and his cronies? Surely if a vehicle just fails on a ball joint and either I or the garage replaces it how long does it take to check the work 5 mins max by the time is is over the pit - £44 for 5 mins work thats over £500/hr I know some garages are expensive but this seems a little excessive.

Am I right in thinking that this is just another anti motorist scheme that the current governmant has cooked up or what!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
AFAIK, if it fails, the faults can be repaired at the garage and the retest is FREE (general MOT rules). The garage is trying to fleece you. report them. and take your business elsewhere, a place that does it for £20, the going rate around here.

I agree with Crafty your being ripped off.

Mine was £23 and it failed retest was free as long as I had works done to the car within 2 weeks from 1st test

Sponsored Links
Back