(another) Karcher P/W washer problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model No K411a. Unused for a few years due to a leak I didn't have time to fix. Last week made time to remove the casing and have a look. Water leaking big-time from one of the 3 white plastic "plugs" (with O-ring) that sit in the cylinder head.. it was broken (frost?). Unscrewed the 4 big Allen bolts..took off the head ..replaced the damaged part ..put it back together carefully (but didnt use a new gasket).

Connected to mains with suitable hose and ran water through for a few mins to clear air..switched on the unit all worked fine..tiny tiny leak at cylinder-head joint (torque setting for these 4 bolts?) but nothing to worry about I dont think(??). pressed and released trigger a few times.. all fine..then released trigger one time and heard a hum (electrical)..after about 10 secs motor cut out..no smell..no smoke (!). Left it. Next day started fine and I did same routine..no hum for several press/release cycles..then it came back. I switched off quickly at main rocker switch.

This hum only starts after releasing the trigger on the lance when its been running..motor stops & hum starts. You can press/release half a dozen times and its fine ..then the hum comes back on say the 7th cycle. I even thought it had disappeared entirely at one point ..but it still recurs eventually..any ideas?..capacitor? Motor will function fine with excellent pressure for ages if trigger is held on so doesn't seem to have damaged the motor.
Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back