Another Medway Super question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a medway super that appeared at first to be leaking water down in from the top (possibly in thru the flue). However i have now realised there is a small collection of water between the water governor and burner assembly.

After removing the burner assy, there is evidence of water comin out from inside the burner injectors... :confused:

So my question is, could this be evidence of a split/hole in the diaphragm? or something worse?

Thanks in advance for any replies ;)

Sponsored Links
Worn O ring where the pin from the diaphragm comes through.

thanks for the quick reply keego :D

so - assuming that the white jelly oozing out of the relief hole between water & gas section means water had passed into the gas section?

Are there any extra step that should be taken apart from replacing the o ring...?

ok a new O ring has been fitted along with a new push rod, no more water is appearing around the base of the burner assy :)

now however... the main burner lights when hot water is turned on and switches off when the water is turned off.

But if the water is left running the main burner and pilot switch off after about 30secs - the water flow rate is fine ... :confused:

any advice is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back