Another no signal problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought second hand vega tv for bedroom T&T, but get NO SIGNAL on screen
Have tried it in other aerials that work existing tvs still same.
All tvs run from digital aerial in loft through 4way booster.
Any ideas please Howy

Sponsored Links
Make sure that you have the DTV (digital) tuner selected. Do a "First time" install. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks chris , done a reboot and know i have a picture that is breaking up
when i looked at the signal strenght it seems ok but the signal quuality is not good ? any ideas cheers Howy

Get in the loft. Bypass the booster. Connect the aerial direct to the bedroom feed. Go check the signal quality. If still poor then tweak the aerial position. If still not good then you need to think about either a much better loft aerial or mounting the one you have outside. Quality comes from a decent signal at the aerial, not from boosters and amps after.

Sponsored Links
Hang on. As I understand it, he's already running 3 Freeview TVs successfully from the 4-way amplifier feeds and having a problem only with this second-hand "vega tv" on all four feeds.

If I've interpreted this correctly, it means that this TV is faulty (or the fly lead if he's using the same one for all tests).

The other possibility is that the TV has tuned in stations first from a weaker transmitter. Check for channels above programme number 800.

Yeah, that's true enough. Running the signal direct though gives as clean a signal as possible. If we can get a reasonable result without the amp boosting noise too then perhaps the TV is okay, it's just not as sensitive or can't discriminate as well as the other sets. There's also the possibility of poor cabling it a cable fault as you suggested too. So some avenues to explore before condemning the TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back