Another ravenheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a ravenheat CSI primary A. condensing boiler installed in 2002 its not had meny problems just a cable for the electrode and 2 or 3 thumps with my hand on the back right side of the boiler to re activate the vacuum pressure switch. common fault I believe. But now the boiler fires up for about 2 or 3 seconds switches off then back on then off some times it settles down but not often. Just wonderd has the pressure switch contacts gave up I would apricate any comments you experts have. I am in the trade but more instrument pipe work. thanks and regards Paul

Sponsored Links
If you remove the boiler outer casing and then undo the screws on the combustion chamber and pull the cover forward this allows more air into the burner IF the burner lights then it could be APS. Check the hoses from the flue/Fan makes sure they are clear. it could be the fan itself. :LOL: I used to work as a instrument pipefitter on the rigs about 1993. used to be a good number :?:

Hi Compheat

You know I did that last year when the boiler stoped working and hey presto the bloody thing started !! I thought it was the vacuum switch. I will give that another check out thanks mate. ps used to work on the thistle in the eighties.

Sponsored Links
Found the problem. Ignition electrode removed tip cleaned and feed cable to bottom of electrode re crimped. Boiler fires up and now stays on. :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back