Another Sime boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I already know I will get told that it’s the diverter valve but here goes.

My Sime 80 is not providing constant hot water. The water is hot for a short period and then goes tepid or cold. Everything seems to be working correctly the diverter plunger is activating the micro switch and the boiler is lighting and pump is running. Just wondering if it could be something else as the diverter valve diaphragm was change early last year. What about the thermostat cut outs? Or could my water pressure be too high.

Any ideas were I can get a diverter diaphragm kit and also I have a leak from the main connection of the diaphragm onto the plastics manifold. Can you get a seals kit for the boiler?.

Any help appreciated and have a good new year?

George

Thank goodness they have gone bust

Sponsored Links
If the diverter is moving then it MAY be fine.

leave the boiler off for 30 min to get cold and turn on a DHW tap and see whcih parts of the tubing gets hot after the diverter, it should only be the tube leading to the secondary heat exchanger. If thats the case then the diverter is OK.

More likely the heat exchanger has got debris on its primary side. The temperature sensors should also be checked.

Sime, as a manufacturer has NOT gone bust! The independent UK company which used to sell the boilers and provide the servicing was "allowed" to go into liquidation.

Very quickly the Italian manufacturer set up its own subsidary but it was hampered because the original telephones and web site was kept active by the previous UK company.

Tony Glazier

If you do need a new diverter valve, I bought one for my Sime Super 90 plus for about £25 from a place in Birmingham - I thought that was a bargain!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back