Another suprima 50 prob. Help please :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im new here so hi to all.
I've been having problems with my suprima 50, not uncommon i see. Well first it started cutting out, then reset would fix same all story. Till reset did nothing anymore. Made a bit of a noise, then when release reset stopped noise and nothing lit. I got a gas man round and he said it needed a new pcb, £200 for board £100 for fitting.. so i decided not to take that route. I looked up and found compumerv on ebay, selling reconditioned boards that have been improved so they dont overheat and break again so easy. Got one today installed and dosent seem to have made a diff.

Curiously, not sure if this is normal or not. BUt even with the old board in. And again with the new one. The heating does come on now and then. But when you switch the heating to the on position on the control. To get the radiators on when its a bit cold. It wont light. But it seems to come on when its heating the water, and heat the radiators too.

I just noticed it was on so i tried, turning both the controls for water and heat from there current ON postion to OFF, This turned the boiler off. I then turned the heat back to ON, and it did not light. Some noise, but nothing happened. Then i turned the water to ON, and the boiler re lit and carried on..

If anyone can help me before im forced to call the gas man back out that would be really great. :(

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds more like a 3 port valve head at fault and needs replacing.

Hi, just switched the value to ch only and the boiler lights fine with just ch turned on wh turned off..

with it on auto, the hw heats but the ch dosent. Sounds like a vale prob. would it need the whole thing replacing? Any idea the costs?

after some more investigating, looks like its def the 3 port value, i moved it and resistance wasetn theremoving back
but now it kicked back in and seems to be working, so might have been some dirt in it or something. anyhow will see how it goes, might need replacing, hope not as there dosent seem to be a tap to isolate the vale, and full bleed might be needed. :(

Sponsored Links
I got a gas man round and he said it needed a new pcb, £200 for board £100 for fitting.. so i decided not to take that route.

I looked up and found compumerv on ebay, selling reconditioned boards that have been improved so they dont overheat and break again so easy. Got one today installed and dosent seem to have made a diff.

thanks

If you did not pay him to diagnose the fault then you cannot blame him if he got it wrong!

As for reconditioned pcbs all I can say is that most professionals dont touch them and CORGI say we should not use them anyway.

It might be worth taking your pump head off and checking for dirt in the eye of the impeller.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back