Another unsuccessful criminal

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
ha bloody ha.

A fifty-nine year old woman who stole hundreds of pounds worth of alcohol from an Asda store in Manchester has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Rose Devlin's car broke down in the supermarket's car park as she tried to make her getaway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16293978

woman says she's been a shoplifter all her life and should have been sent to prison (again)

Sponsored Links
is locking her up the best response? she might have young kids etc, plus she might nick stuff because she feels the state 'owes' her?

maybe her punishment should be a late, or an early shift cooking soup in a soup kitchen for the homeless? fo no pay.... she might see that actually there are people worse off?

is locking her up the best response? she might have young kids etc
Shes 59. FFS.

maybe her punishment should be a late, or an early shift cooking soup in a soup kitchen for the homeless? fo no pay.... she might see that actually there are people worse off?

I agree with that.

They'll have to keep an eye on the bread rolls though.

Sponsored Links
to make the right judgement you would have to see how she lives and if she really does need to steal to get by

either way a suspended sentence does seem like a slap on the wrist!!

I was doing 40 MPH past a mobile speed van unknowingly in a 30MPH, when the NIP came through the door I regrettably left it to one side next thing court date, court forms led me up the garden path pleading guilty and fined £600 plus 6 points which sent my insurance premium sky high, not saying am above the law far from it just pointing out how 1 person is let off and another is overly punished!!

to make the right judgement you would have to see how she lives and if she really does need to steal to get by

I was doing 40 MPH past a mobile speed van unknowingly in a 30MPH, when the NIP came through the door I regrettably left it to one side next thing court date, court forms led me up the garden path pleading guilty and fined £600 plus 6 points which sent my insurance premium sky high, not saying am above the law far from it just pointing out how 1 person is let off and another is overly punished!!

over punished? is that woman a potential multi car pile up, with many deaths? i feel that's what speeding is seen as !!

to make the right judgement you would have to see how she lives and if she really does need to steal to get

Didn't look too desperate to me lee.

She couldn't close the b*stard boot, for stacked up stuff.

is locking her up the best response? she might have young kids etc, plus she might nick stuff because she feels the state 'owes' her?

So why steal from a shop?

If she can be driving a car to make a getaway with the stolen hooch, she don't need to steal.

At least she won't get done for speeding though.

Sponsored Links
Back