Another washer problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine washes, rinses and spins fine but when my clothes have dried they feel really rough, is this the machine not rinsing properly? or hardwater?

Its a zanussi zwf1210 thats about a month old

Sponsored Links
Fabric softener I find works well!!
I assume you are using the correct programme for the garments you are washing.
I fixed white goods for a living up till a couple of years ago and believe me the above did happen.

I use fabric softener in every wash and I set the program to what the manual tells me to set for what i`m washing

:confused:

looks like your doing it all right... I give up sry

Sponsored Links
If your waste hose plugs onto a cone shaped fitting on a sink trap check that this cone is not choked. It sounds as though the machine is draining too slowly so only part of the water is taken out on each rinse.

the machine has its own drainage pipe, but as you mention about some water being left over I removed the filter to check it and there seemed an awful lot of water in the bottom of the machine, I know a bit of water coming out is normal but this wasn`t a bit what came out when I took the filter out

If the paperwork with the machine has a helpline number I suggest you give them a call and tell them you are not sure if you have a fault.

When the cycle is over the remaining water in the machine should only be enough to fill the drain hose to its highest point ( posibly a little more )
Any more than this and you do have a drainage problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back