Anti slip tiles - cleaning nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had my kitchen tiled in R11 anti-slip porcelain tiles. I was intitially concerned about the suitability of the tiles for use in a kitchen due to the rough surface, but was assured by the salesman that they were suitable for a kitchen and would be cleanable with a standard mop.

Since laying the tiles, cleaning them has been a bit of a nightmare. The tiles rip a standard mop to shreds and my broom has been a reduced to stubble. I have tried a cloth type mop, but this as well has been no match for the tiles. Furthermore, dirt tends to accumulate in the textured surface.

2 questions:

Firstly, do you think that this is a case of mis-selling since I cannot see how these tiles could be suitable for a kitchen considering the problems I have had cleaning them. (I bought the tiles from Tiles R Us). If this is the case, would I have any recourse?

Secondly, is there any way I can reduce the surface roughness or at least make them easier to clean? Is there any type of mop that I can use that will last longer than a couple of weeks?

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Not a lot you can do here, this kind of surface is designed to be hosed down not brushed or mopped.

Take it up with the people who sold them to you about cleanability but don't hold your breath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back