Any advice for raven heat boiler

Originally it only started locking out when

The boiler it replaced was a rubbish one and we had a tank etc for the hot water....There we were thinking we'd benefit from a combi! weve had nothing but trouble with it!

in which case the system was probably /most likely ?? an open system ? which is more likely to suffer from sludge/ magnatite/dirt problems than if it was a boiler replacing a boiler on an sealed system ?? i.e combi for a combi ?

Ravenheat in line with most ? manus will probably walk away or in-valadate any warranty with the boiler if the system has not been flushed ?? (may be ?)

overheat situations , assuming that the component(s) itself is not faulty , will generally ? be caused by poor circulation around the system or plate exc

the boiler is of the Atmospheric type , assume gas pressures have been set correctly etc

You need to ask your installer to come back & take a look.

un-likely ?? to be a boiler problem ????????

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've employed a complete monkey who doesn't really know what he's doing. How did you find him, was he by any chance the cheapest quote?

Why did you have your old boiler replaced, what was 'rubbish' about it? If it was that it wasn't heating your house very effectively then it may well be down to the same issue that you're faced with now, IE poor circulation, and nothing at all to do with the boiler. What boiler was it?

Your boiler may, of course, also have been locking out due to lack of gas, if your installer failed to upgrade the gas pipe correctly as part of the installation. As he didn't install TRVs or flush your system I suspect he won't have done the gas pipe either. You undoubtedly have circulation issues but sorting that may well not be the end of your problems

There is one component in the boiler which is a possible cause, however Ravenheat will not replace it under guarantee until all the other aspects have been dealt with. Indeed your installer may have voided your guarantee by not flushing the system properly as part of the installation.
The only good news I have is that if you had a more expensive boiler fitted then that would be knacked up just as much at greater cost. Its not an immediate thing but basically a shortening of the life of the boiler as the crud that gets into it not only causes excess wear to moving parts but coats the heat exchangers thereby reducing the efficiency of the boiler.

Now bearing in mind that I can't see the job I will say that to get the job right I feel that the following needs to be attended to.

Flushing of the system with chemicals but preferably a powerflush.
Unblocking or renewing of pipework to downstairs rads.
Fitting a system bypass.
Ensuring the gas supply is adequate.
Checking that the condensate drain is up to standard

Then maybe Ravenheat might send someone out to check out the fan mod board if you still have a problem.

I fit a Magnaclean on nearly every install job now and the only time I use cheaper versions is on known clean systems. They're a worthwhile investment and prolong the life and improve performance of any boiler.

The fact that there's no TRV's fitted I don't feel is important to getting the manufacturer out but the fact that they're not fitted will affect the economy of your system. I'm wondering if you've even been provided with a roomstat?

Alternatively you could ask your man just to try fitting a fan mod board if indeed I'm right on that score, but when the boiler dies terminally after only 2 or 3 years remember that it wasn't the boilers fault but the fact it was a bad install.
These components are a quite a common fail point and I carry at least 1 with me but then again there's not many about like me who fix a lot of Ravenheats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back