ravenheat csi85 prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a prob with my raven heat csi85 boiler in that when we put the hot water on it keeps firing up and then 1 second later it shuts down again, if i press the reset button it keeps on doing this,

normally after about 10 - 15 mins it fires up and then stays on, had a guy round and he replaced the pump as tech guy at raven said we had no flow and that it was the pump, anyway after putting the pump on it worked for a day and now its back to square one again.

much app any help guys

Sponsored Links
any help please....

kids are freezing and i need a shower as i am starting to smell.......

much app any input from anybody

I gather you have Gas, Water & Electric all working fine?
There are no Gas Taps near your meter turned off?
No electric isolation switches turned off for the boiler?
No cold mains isolated in the street, stopping any water coming, let alone hot water?

Trust me, it happens!

Does the boiler fire for Heating OR Hot Water?

If it fires for one, but not the other, we can dismay it being the following (usually);
Fan, APS, Pump, Gas Valve, Solenoids, Spark Electrodes & ignition side of PCB....

If none work, then we have to start at A and work through to Z...

There is a low water pressure switch on these (I think!?) and I'd be checking for continuity across that. I'd also check the thermistors were all within range, and then I'd start at the top of the boiler, and work my way down.

I'd pop the fan out and clean it, check the APS is working, inspect my heat exchanger and burner, ignition electrodes and flame rectification probes etc. etc.

If I was you, I'd consider getting some kind of Central Heating Cover.

It's not the best boiler around, and it will eventually require parts, and they won't be cheap.

Find a good, reputable local RGI, who's worked for people you know, or get in touch with the larger firms, who are offering good deals atm.

thx for your reply

I gather you have Gas, Water & Electric all working fine? - yes all is fine
There are no Gas Taps near your meter turned off? no nothing is turned off
No electric isolation switches turned off for the boiler? no nothing is off
No cold mains isolated in the street, stopping any water coming, let alone hot water? water is not turned off

my wife checked the water pressure and topped it up to 1.5 bars, everything fired up for a couple of seconds and then went off again.

tonight she tried the hot water running for 10 mins and no hot water, then she put the heating on and this fired up and stays on, then when she runs the hot water with the heating on we get hot water so the heating side of things seem to be okay.

much app any pointers in what could be wrong - i have been advised it could be the thermistor though

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/ravenheat-csi85-prob.292483/#ixzz1ZNiTLzlQ

Sponsored Links
You have just told a diyer to take the fan out!!! Can I strongly advise you do not do any of this!!! Get a better boiler engineer, if he needs tech guy to say pump is at fault and just changes it his no good!!! Pumps are easy to test

Blue Moon, if you read the forum rules you will see that it clearly says that you should not give encouragement for DIY gas work.

For those that know nothing about gas work, it starts at the combustion chamber and also inmcludes those PCBs that have gas adjustments on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back