Any advice please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to one and all.

This is my first post on the forum so if what I have to ask has already been covered, please steer me to the relevant archive.

I am wishing to convert a single skin brick shed which used to be the old toilet, back into a bathroom. The shed is attached to the back of the house with a door through to it from the old back kitchen.

I am happy to take on most tasks but is there prep I must do to make the room damp proof etc. Should I visqueen the walls and floor before placing battens in for the plaster board, or use the plaster boards with the damp proof backing, which I have heard of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as she who must be obeyed would like it doing soon.

Cheers.

Dave :D

P.S. All plumbing is still there just needs connecting to new toilet!

Sponsored Links
dave_norm_smith said:
I am wishing to convert a single skin brick shed which used to be the old toilet, back into a bathroom. The shed is attached to the back of the house with a door through to it from the old back kitchen.
Best to check with your building control for a free advice because now it became a extension with a extra room which should have a cavity or double wall. Like I say check with the building control because they may say you can do it your way. So I can't say without seeing it as you may have no footing, just a wall on top of concrete slab maybe?

Best check with masterbuilder. Probably advise painting it with something or other.

Please bear in mind I know nothing, (ref: masterbuilder) and I think masona is credited with knowing at least twice as much. Other posters on the site know at least ten times as much according to to the master.

Sponsored Links
dave_norm_smith said:
Can anybody else shed some light on this one???
Not until you get the okay from the building control, sorry :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back