Any clever people out there?

Good luck Chris.

Oh and 'Bowden Cable' is VERY strong and flexible. For anyone interested and/or you ever need something like this and its late or the shops are shut, you can nick a length of it from your bike! Bowden Cable runs from the gear change on your handle bars to the derailleur (I think that's how you spell it!!!) on the rear wheel of your bike. The 'Gear Cable' in other words. As well as being stronger than Cutain Wire, it may prove a 'healthier' option than ripping down a set of nets from one of your windows... I know my wife would make me pay for that!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
the 28mm speedfit and the firework just gave me an idea. instead of the firework use the old coca-cola and mentos mints trick (you'll find it on YouTube). rapid increase in volume!

Blas - nick her BRAKE CABLE then - much more fun :D. If you fold it double and put your cut ends into a drill chuck, you can get through hard scale blockages.

But your curtain wire is appealing more to me after a bit of thought. If I just strip a bit at the end to go round the elbows, and leave the plastic on the rest for stiffness, and put that in a drill, it would be pretty stiff for a good length. Wickes etc do a cheap thin 2m drain spring but I don't know if it'll go round a 28mm elbow.

plp - use Diet coke - less sticky!

Sponsored Links
I think to plundger method might do the trick...rather than water maybe use something thicker??? washing up liquid?? might make it slip down easier and give it a greater seal for compression??? Just a thought!!!

or get a protable compressor for an air gun or something?? but as you will know, this might be too much pressure.

Let us know how your quest goes!!

M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back