Any easy way to remove bra-wire from drum? (Hoover HSWF 167)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, fairly common problem I'm sure, unfortunately nothing protruding through drum holes and have took ring off rubber door gator but no gap to access. Any ideas apart from taking the drum out? All works ok but grating noise comes and goes so having to baby-sit it through washes for time being.

I'm wondering what's the worst thing that could happen in terms of further damage? ie is it as well to leave it and see what happens?

Thanks in advance for any responses..appreciated ;O)

Sponsored Links
Make and model might help , some makes have plastic lifters inside the drum that slide off. Or you can remove the sump to get at the wire.

Thanks Rocks1, I did put make/model in the title! (Hoover HSWF 167), would appreciate any pointers to follow..thanks.

Hi i find removing the element and gaining access that way is the best also the bra wire tends to get trapped round that anyway

Sponsored Links
Cheers captain, are you (or anyone else) able to describe easiest way to access the element? or if not familar with this particular model whats the most common method of accessing element, i.e do I somehow attack it from inside the drum, or around the back or what?

Again, thanks in anticipation.

Either of the options CC1 & rocks suggested work just fine. There is also a third option (removing the sump hose).
If you want to remove the element to retrieve the wire then you need to take off the rear cover first. You will see the element at the bottom of the tub, it has 2 wires, earth, + an NTC connection. Remove those then slacken off the 10mm nut about a cm or so then tap the stud in using a piece of wood & a hammer to release the seal. You should be able to lever out the element easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back