Any help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm finally sorting our garden out and because we have young children at home we want to create a play area for them. Our garden is approximately 65 metres squared and i'm having trouble working out how much concrete mix I will need to fill it.

Hope someone can help

Dave

Sponsored Links
how much of it are you concreting? how deep do you want the concrete?
is concrete the best option with kids running arround?
wouldn't something soft like grass be a better option?
or bark chippings?

I do hope that your not intending to concrete 65 metres squared of your garden?

And concreting it is hardly going to make it child safe, can you explain a bit more?

Sponsored Links
what exactly do you want to do in your garden - what is the kids area for - football/swings, playhouse?

agree with earlier comments don't concrete for kids.

Well i'm concreting all of it. i may build some flower beds round the sides but i'm creating a play area and have some mats to put down when the kids are playing

Well i'm concreting all of it. i

:confused: concrete in a garden other than driveways is dull, ugly, difficult to drain in large areas, grey, depressing, expensive to do properly, why anyone would want to beats me.

what you going to do cover the whole area in mats ?

chips, bark,and grass......are all safer for the kids and cheaper.

whats wrong dont you like to see birds ,flowers ,butterflys in your garden then?

i think you should give it a bit more thought! especially from a safety aspect for your children to play safely in.

Length x width x depth (in metres) = the volume of concrete you need to order. Something like 6.5m3 - or a truck load.

Also ask them to deliver a truck load of plasters and some Savlon

it must sound like we're all having a go but concrete is not the answer - why exactly do you want concrete?

is it the time taken cutting the grass?

or do you thing grass will get worn by playing children?

if you explain what you want to do perhaps we can help better

apart from the major safety issue of concrete and children and it is major I truly believe a concrete "garden" will considerably reduce the value of your property, you may also need council permission cos I know for driveways you need in a lot of areas to have paving that will allow water to soak away to help prevent flooding and this will be a risk you need to consider from very heavy sudden downpours.

I f you don't want grass how about putting gravel down and you can have some nice plant pots on top of it but again you'll find any estate agent will tell you most househunters if they are not looking for a garden to garden in still want their garden to look like a garden!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back