Any ideas guys?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

At the beginning of 2007, I decided that I was going to treat myself to a LCD TV. I went over to my local Curry's store. I told the guy in there that I wanted a HD Ready LCD TV (so I wouldn't have to upgrade the TV when I could afford a Sky HD box). He pointed me in the direction of a 32" Samsung (Model- LE32R73BD), which I bought.

So, Sky came to install my Sky HD box last week. When I had chance to sit down & watch it, I noticed that the picture was shocking! I called them out; they swapped the box over, but still the same. So I dug out my instruction manual and start searching for what the problem could be.

Well, apparently the TV I have has a resolution of 576i... this didn't mean anything to me at first, then I discover that if the res is less than 720p it's not Hi Def. Needless to say, I’m p###ed. Is this info right? In the Tech & Spec section of the manual it states that the resolution is 720x576 pixels.

Thank you for your time as always!

Darren

Sponsored Links
Your TV according to samsung has a 720 resolution, so, not the best for HD but not bad.

First, is there a scart lead from your sky box to TV? If so, disconnect it because your TV will probably automatically switch to this when you turn on the sky box (or turn off scart control on the sky box).

Second, make sure the output resolution is set correctly on the sky box (depending on if you have the new or old EPG dictates how you get to this setting - google will tell you). Does your TV tell you the resolution it's currently operating at when you switch input?

Third, may sound stupid, but, are you watching a HD broadcast? Not a HD channel broadcasting SD content. (LUXE HD is a good one to test picture quality on as 99% of the crap on there is HD origin).

Lastly, your TV is only 32"? You won't notice masses of difference at the normal viewing distance, the TV is too small for your eyes to see the extra definition.

Edit: Typing fart; there's no h in samsung.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that fourfootmedia!

My Tv is the early 32LER7..

I'm going to call Samsung in the morn I think with my serial number, see what they have to say

They will say....

"You need to bu a newer TV sir, we can recommend this xxxx one......" :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back