Any of you guys answer phone on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fitz1 said:
well boys you better lock me up cause some of them sound good to me.
Curious - in what way do you points 1, 2 or 4 "sound good" to you?

Sponsored Links
1. doesnt bother me .no one stupid enough.2.i like spending money. its a pastime of mine. 4.i love counting it.money is power.

I would normally answer the phone at weekends without any problem.

We actually get very few calls at wekends "because people expect that we will not answer"

Since we offer a no-fix no-fee we have to be very careful about going to the unlikely fix calls.

I was called one Friday evening at 6.30 by a new manager in his job for a week! He had a 48 double room hotel with no heating or hot water and only a single German boiler. They had sacked the firm who did maintenance a few months before.

I did offer to visit but told him that the chance of being able to make it work was probably less than 50% and the visit would be chargeable regardless. He said he would think about it but never called back.

How anyone can specify a single ended system for a hotel of that size I really cannot immagine. I come from an engineering background where everything has 100% redundancy.

Tony

Tony
how much a nusiance do you get ,

I had a answerphone ,

with a very boss message ,

cant think it now it was inline ,

we value call an we will ring you back between 10 /11 ,

smell of gas ring , Transco ,

if its a a burst pipe/ ring darren , phone no ...

what a godsend the mate who did weekends , (cos the BAITCH ex wife would only let access on a monday an friday ) I will ring you back ...at times said ,

Sponsored Links
On July 15 2006 said:
I operate a no-fix no-fee but that is pretty irrelevant as I can fix any boiler.
And yet said:
Since we offer a no-fix no-fee we have to be very careful about going to the unlikely fix calls.

I did offer to visit but told him that the chance of being able to make it work was probably less than 50% and the visit would be chargeable regardless.
:rolleyes:

Softus said:
On July 15 2006 said:
I operate a no-fix no-fee but that is pretty irrelevant as I can fix any boiler.
And yet said:

Sorry, I did not expect that every word was likely to be interpreted in the most obtuse way.

Let me say, we have to be careful about going at the weekend to an obscure German Industrial boiler for which spare parts can only be obtained on a weekday. In that case we might as well go on the weekday.

Or put another way there is no point going at the weekend unless we are likely to be able to get it going during the weekend.

We have spare parts in stock to cover most common failures on domestic boilers so that we can repair over 95% of the faults we are called to on a Sunday.

We either answer the mobile or call back every day of the week after 9.30 am. At 3 am we usually look at the calling number and answer BT numbers and listen to messages left by mobiles immediately.

I once had a call from a 24 bed hotel which had evidently not paid their water bill and had been cut off. At 3.30 am they wanted me to come and connect a 1/2" hose to a water tap in the shop next door to feed the hotel. I told them that it would only give a supply to a single room and it was not worth even trying!

I get a middle of the night call about once every three months, quite often from night workers who want advice on their new taps etc. They think that because we offer a 24/7 they can call at any time for free advice!

Tony

Agile said:
Sorry, I did not expect that every word was likely to be interpreted in the most obtuse way.
Oh, let's not get started on you being obtuse Agile, or there won't be enough time left in my lifetime.

The rest of what you say makes perfect sense.

Softus said:
On July 15 2006 said:
And yet said:

I did offer to visit but told him that the chance of being able to make it work was probably less than 50% and the visit would be chargeable regardless.
:rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

got you there agile

Actually cm, to be fair, I thought Agile explained what he meant with unassailable clarity.

i retract my earlier as i posted it before reading agiles post

coo i sound like a labour minister :LOL:

"Unassailable clarity", that will have to be matched with my "humourless wit" !

The no-fix no-fee has to be matched with the time and day.

In spite of some suggestions, I am still only human and subject to human limitations. I cannot fix something without parts and if they are not available over a weekend then there is no point in a weekend visit to a hotel with 90 guests complaining about no HW or CH when they have used a single German 200 kW boiler. They might start throwing their slippers at me!

Domestic boilers are so much easier and I am happy to go at a weekend knowing that there is a very good chance I will fix it on the one visit.

Tony

Well, I was seduced into making my comment by some of your recent posts on other topics, but you're perfectly right about all this no-fix no-fee thing here Agile, and I was wrong.

FYI I have the same policy, but I don't do hotels on any day of the week (not that there are any around here anyway).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back