any one ever used one of these

M

merlin50

any one ever used one of these or is it junk

FPPCHAINSS.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, I have used one (but I don't own it, it was my local tool hire guy's sharpener) - why do you ask?

Sponsored Links
It's probably not worth buying one then. Ask your local tool hire shop or have a look online, it's usually only about out a tenner to get it sharpened.

cost is not the problem just need to know if it will work or not. I have 3 chains that need more than a touch up with a file, and a trip to the nearest saw doctor will cost over £20.00 in fuel so it will pay for its self the first time i use it.

Out of interest merlin how much do the machines cost? I tend to sharpen mine up with the file but to be honest the files don't seem to last that long.

More posts about chainsaws recently.
You all chopping down trees for your wood burners?

Better not let the tree huggers in GD see this :mrgreen:

Merlin, if you go for one of these would you be good enough to post back with your opinions?
I guess the thing would put an edge on the chain well enough, but I don't know how it would cope with the 'barbed wire' cutting events that we get from time to time.
Cheers
John :)

It works well pleased with it, £32.00 well spent. also bought some The Britool combination spanners to take the order up to £45.00 for free delivery, example 13mm £3.79

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back