Any way of wallpapering onto wood and one day stripping it again?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I want to wallpaper over some wardrobe doors that are MDF and probably spray painted.
Is there a way of sealing them so in future the paper could be removed without damaging the doors?

Sponsored Links
by yje time that you do that, it's easier to store the doors and make some MDF ones.

Seal the doors with some clear varnish first.
My wife did this to our wardrobes and then papered into the relief sculpture. 3 years later we changed the main paper and the bits she put on the wardrobes peeled away leaving the backing paper. Wipe over with a damp sponge and it soon stripped off with no problems.

If the doors have been sprayed, you don't need any prep. They are already sealed.

Are the doors flat? If yes, have you worked out how you are going to deal with the door edges?

Without knowing which paper you plan to use or the style of door it is difficult to advise further. Photos and links would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
If the doors have been sprayed, you don't need any prep. They are already sealed.

Are the doors flat? If yes, have you worked out how you are going to deal with the door edges?

Without knowing which paper you plan to use or the style of door it is difficult to advise further. Photos and links would be helpful.
Thanks everyone.
I was going to paper up to the back edge of the sides. If I couldn't get a neat edge I might wrap it a little round the back.
Not chosen a paper yet. Just wondering if its a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back