Anyone able to recommend fix for this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, doing out a cloakroom replacing the toilet and sink. When removing the sink the 32mm waste pipe went directly into the concrete floor. Just above the concrete floor was a compression joint which sheared with only minimum pressure to try to undo. The compression joint is orange (makes me think a direct connection to main drain)? And it also looks like it had orange poured on it to seal as there is an orange "spill" surrounding the compression joint (pic 2) anyway, it has snapped flush with the floor. I need to connect the new 32mm basin waste to the orange pipe which is now sub floor. Is there a 32mm pipe liner / sleeve which can be solvent welded inside or another way? Your help appreciated.

View media item 58282
View media item 58283

Sponsored Links
Thanks, you've identified what it is - much appreciated. I Would have to remove the floor which is now solid glued down or drill a 120mm hole to try and extract it. I can get to the back edge of it and it seems pretty unmovable with concrete up to the edges. Might try and drill out the hole to 32mm and silicone a new waste pipe in place - or is this an absolute disaster?

Does anyone know if you can buy a "push fit gasket / ring" then maybe I could drill out the cover and insert the gasket to make it push fit?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back