Anyone for a change of subject matter?

I

imamartian

... let's see.... there's a plane on a conveyor belt.... and the belt and the wheels are the same speed.... will the plane take off?

Sponsored Links
Come on Martian, we've been there, done that, got the T Shirt. We all know the plane won't take off, as it's airflow over the wings , providing the lift, so the aircraft has got to have forward momentum through the air to take off.

Here#s a better question,,, Which came first,, the chicken or the egg?
Discuss. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Come on Martian, we've been there, done that, got the T Shirt. We all know the plane won't take off, as it's airflow over the wings , providing the lift, so the aircraft has got to have forward momentum through the air to take off.

Discuss. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I believe that answer is solved. The chicken. The prior animal to those gave birth to living, but evolved to contain their offspring in a shell as protection. It's reported in Science Journals just this week, keep up.

And to add...a plane on a treadmill, would just fall off the back of it, as the wheels aren't powered.

You know , Mickey that`s a point - because everyone assumed the conveyor was level , but if it was inclined like the front of an aircraft carrier : . It could have been done for real - but we scrapped Ark Royal ;)

Sponsored Links
images

Discuss. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I believe that answer is solved. The chicken. The prior animal to those gave birth to living, but evolved to contain their offspring in a shell as protection. It's reported in Science Journals just this week, keep up.

And to add...a plane on a treadmill, would just fall off the back of it, as the wheels aren't powered.

Actually, I believe that should be the other way around. By the time evolution had developed anything we would class as a chicken the egg would already been around. After all, birds evolved from dinosaurs and dinosaurs laid eggs.:)

Apologies all... my attempt at a bit of wry humour ...i.e. the insufficient detail in the plane/conveyor problem, and then the funny/ironic comment after was scuppered when the funny/ironic comment seems to have been deleted...by a Mod?..... leaving a bit of a nonsense post...

I know it's an old one but ---

The cockerel came first when it laid the chicken. :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

But enough of that. The egg came first. It was laid by a bird which, had humans been around, would have been given a different name. (A duck perhaps. :?: :?: :?: ) But the chromosomes in the egg were faulty. From the moment it was fertilized it was destined to hatch into the bird we now call a chicken. :) :) :)

PS: My grandmother didn't keep chickens; she kept hens. A chicken was something that hatched out of an egg. As it grew it became a pullet and then a hen.

I know it's an old one but ---

The cockerel came first when it laid the chicken. :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

But enough of that. The egg came first. It was laid by a bird which, had humans been around, would have been given a different name. (A duck perhaps. :?: :?: :?: ) But the chromosomes in the egg were faulty. From the moment it was fertilized it was destined to hatch into the bird we now call a chicken. :) :) :)

PS: My grandmother didn't keep chickens; she kept hens. A chicken was something that hatched out of an egg. As it grew it became a pullet and then a hen.

Huh? Archeologists have found examples of hen creatures, pregnant, that laid live creatures, but as the off-spring was eaten, the creature evolved, to provide a structure around their newborn, called an egg.

Where? When?

Eggs are hunted by many species, so no protection there.

What are the examples?

I did look at the link and here's my interpretation:

Amphibians lay eggs in water. They have to because their eggs would dry out on land. When they hatch, the babies have gills and spend their early days in the water. Some never leave (axolotl).

Reptiles evolve with something no amphibian possesses: an egg with a waterproof shell. They can lay their eggs on land where there are fewer predators (at the time). When they hatch, the babies breathe air from day one.

Some reptiles return to water but they still breathe air. They can't lay their eggs in water because the babies would drown so they have to come ashore to lay eggs on land (giant turtle).

As they grow bigger, they find it increasingly difficult to get themselves out of the water. Solution: dispense with the shell and release the babies straight into the water. They either swim from day one or else they ride on mother's back. We don't know.

Interesting stuff but I don't know what it's got to do with the first chicken. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I did look at the link and here's my interpretation:

Amphibians lay eggs in water. They have to because their eggs would dry out on land. When they hatch, the babies have gills and spend their early days in the water. Some never leave (axolotl).

Reptiles evolve with something no amphibian possesses: an egg with a waterproof shell. They can lay their eggs on land where there are fewer predators (at the time). When they hatch, the babies breathe air from day one.

Some reptiles return to water but they still breathe air. They can't lay their eggs in water because the babies would drown so they have to come ashore to lay eggs on land (giant turtle).

As they grow bigger, they find it increasingly difficult to get themselves out of the water. Solution: dispense with the shell and release the babies straight into the water. They either swim from day one or else they ride on mother's back. We don't know.

Interesting stuff but I don't know what it's got to do with the first chicken. :confused: :confused: :confused:

The scientists have proved, and the archeologists have proved that the chicken came before the egg. As most land animals evolved from the sea, which was acidic at that time, try putting an egg into a glass full of vinegar, and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Back