Anyone have experience with repairing a chip in car paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was polishing the car got to the very end and let my guard down with the polishing machine and took some paint off the edge, anyway to repair it the best way possible?

pic below:
http://i.imgur.com/a2X7t.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need to get some primer filler, perhaps a cellulose putty & build up the level, rub down with very fine wet & dry to get a smooth surface.
Then a aerosol spray to match, finish by gently polishing with T cut.

I see you're in Canada. Over here, there are plenty of mobile minor blemish repair people. They'll come to your house or workplace to do it, and they're usually quite good and not ridiculously expensive. Failing that, as Larry says, prime and then build up with touch-up paint before flatting back. Only thing is that if your car has a clear lacquer over the red basecoat, you're better off trying to replace that too, otherwise the touch-up will fade faster than the surrounding piant. Did you notice if the polishing mops were coming up bright red, or a dull greyish colour?

Sponsored Links
the polishing mop had just a TINY tint of red and this was at the end of my job where this happened, i even went low rpm at the start over edges and slipped my mind at the end here, i went to a body shop today and they quoted a repaint on the entire bumper (someone bumped me from the back in the parking lot and there are some non-visible scratches there) so im considering that to take care of all of it =\

Back