Anyone helpus with Heating prob! why so close to XMAS!!!!!

See the mzv,is the pipe from the pump going up and then to your boiler,and the other 2 one to cylinder and 1 to rads,a s its fully pumped,just a strange way to pipe up,the valve like that,so how is the pipe above cold and below the pump is warm,so its on the return,im just working it out,ok now if its warm below the pump,then see the pump valves,make sure u close them,then try and undo the big nut on the pump,and then open the valve above and see if theres water,or if the valves has sheared off,have u been in the loft and seen the level of water in small tank,if u have and its full,then make sure no valves r closed on c/feed small 15mm u can see on right of pump,trace it back up and see if a valve is closed

Sponsored Links
Could you take another photo showing pipework arrangement above the pump, also try manually switching three port to hot water only and see if the pipe which you marked cold on photo gets hot. i would open (then close) vent/drain cock in photo as well.

Gigz does this photo below help?

Also where are these vent/drain cocks?..are they the two square valves that I thought maybe stop cocks? to be able to change the pump?

Stardanny ,Gigz and all of you may I say if I dont manage to get to the end of this what a magnificent bunch you all are for helping us!!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa64/cuttlefish_photos/plumbing2.jpg

The pipe coming out of the cylinder high up has a kinky piece of pipe with the air vent on the top, screwdriver slot, open that and let the air out and all should be ok.

As I said boiler and pump off please.

Looking at the last pic it may have a knurled nut :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Do what Doitall say. Try it.

It should not be an air lock, I can see there an air sep. and there a cold feed going to pump so it should clear air lock as water filling in.

Those two valve, one above pump, one below pump, these are for turning off and off so the pump can be change.

If it was me, I would change pump. ;)

The pipe coming out of the cylinder high up has a kinky piece of pipe with the air vent on the top, screwdriver slot, open that and let the air out and all should be ok.

As I said boiler and pump off please.

Looking at the last pic it may have a knurled nut :rolleyes:

Thanks doitall,
I found the pipe and there was no screwdriver slot,just a cap for it.I have undone it and there was a small spurt and then nothing at all from that valve?
Should I wait before water should flow?
Like an impatient idiot I turned the water to constant with that open and the vent spurted once then nothing at all.
Is that normal or is that another case for that pump not to be pumping?should the pump produce the pressure to bleed from that pipe?

Leave everything off until the water squirts. You should hear the air coming out.

You may have to manually open the Motorized valve.

You have an airlock in the primary return.

For them thats confused the cylinder flow has been taken into the bottom of the cylinder.

Leave everything off until the water squirts. You should hear the air coming out.

For them thats confused the cylinder flow has been taken into the bottom of the cylinder.

Have had everything off and opened that valve..been approx 20 mins and no water from the valve yet,if I turn on water constant will that speed up the process or suck more air in...is the "everything off " in case of frying myself!?!

Have had everything off and opened that valve..been approx 20 mins and no water from the valve yet,if I turn on water constant will that speed up the process or suck more air in...is the "everything off " in case of frying myself!?!

Sorry never fully followed your insructions!..how do I manually open the motorized valve?and do I set it to water or heating|?

Doitall, Water not coming out of vent at all. Do you think it might be block cold feed ( water still in tank )?

Steve, did you manual turn Mtv to middle, if yes, vent valve should run water from cold feed via pump and Mtv to vent valve.

No leave it off.

You see the round pot just above and behind the air vent.

Stick a magnet on the pot and the smaller pipe to the left.

Does it stick and stay.

There's a lever on the end of the motorized valve which hooks in if you slide it across

I am thinking about a blocked feed.

this is nothing to do with the 3-port valve or the pump.

when you bleed the highest radiator in the house, does water squirt out forcefully?

do you know where the drain cock is, and do you have a hosepipe that fits it?

I am thinking about a blocked feed.

this is nothing to do with the 3-port valve or the pump.

when you bleed the highest radiator in the house, does water squirt out forcefully?

do you know where the drain cock is, and do you have a hosepipe that fits it?

And I am thinking you are correct :cool:

The Magnet should confirm it.

Ok ...
I tried manualy turning the 3 way valve to the middle..wouldnt work (solid).
If I turn the main switch from heating to water it turns automatically.(left to right)
I opened valve as doitall said and I did get the occasional squirt of water after that completly nothing.

No magnets at home I am afraid..if it is a blocked feed is that a plumber only job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back