Anyone know about calculating concrete.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm having trouble finding the amount of ready mix needed. The company I got a quote from reckon it's 14 metres M3. But when I went on thier own calculator it says 11.
It's not a straight forward shape but I'm pretty sure the length and width comes to 14m2. The depth I expect to be .800
Can anyone do it or recommend an online calculated please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Unless the thing is shuttered with dead flat sides and bottom, measurements won't be exact.

So LxWxD plus say 10%.

A 14 meter long trench, 1 meter wide and 0.8m deep would be 11.2 cube. If you've dug down 1m they may have calculated the hole rather than the concrete as that is 14 cube

If unsure ask for a company with a volumetric mixer. You just estimate whats needed and they charge you for exactly what you use as all mixed as it's comes out of the truck.

Thanks everyone, very helpful as you're all pretty much in agreement and saying what I was hoping you would.
And yes I did write the depth wrong. Cheers

If unsure ask for a company with a volumetric mixer. You just estimate whats needed and they charge you for exactly what you use as all mixed as it's comes out of the truck.
With those quantities though, they'll need to have two trucks on standby.

Hello. I'm having trouble finding the amount of ready mix needed. The company I got a quote from reckon it's 14 metres M3. But when I went on thier own calculator it says 11.
It's not a straight forward shape but I'm pretty sure the length and width comes to 14m2. The depth I expect to be .800
Can anyone do it or recommend an online calculated please?
I take it you are having it pumped?

You can't beat one of those mix on site wagons who bring one or two questionable characters with barrows.

You can't beat one of those mix on site wagons who bring one or two questionable characters with barrows.
You'd need your sanity questioning if you are
Happy to shift 30 tonnes of concrete with a wheelbarrow.
Bucking farmy.

I had 9m3 barrow mixed - that was a full wagon load.

I hate wheelbarrowing ready mix, it’s well sloshy very easy to tip it over if it’s a bumpy route.

and chuffing heavy

You'd need your sanity questioning if you are
Happy to shift 30 tonnes of concrete with a wheelbarrow.
Bucking farmy.
You would be insane not to let one or two of these chaps do the barrowing. How easy is that? You won't beat it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back