Anyone know what this is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to find some of these (picture attached - shows them strung on to a piece of cord). They look like very fine springs which form a circular loop. Any ideas? All the merchants I have tried have no idea what I'm talking about. Thanks!

View media item 4321 [/img]

Sponsored Links
Looks like one of those 60's pouffes and I dont mean Quentin Crisp :LOL:

Sponsored Links
looks like a coil of solder thats been unrolled and squashed :eek:

Try a haberdashery shop

it looks like the old fashioned tape for ruffling tops of curtains or weighing down the bottoms, I could be miles off . but what is your intended use this would help to identify,or is this the qualifying round for the krypton factor.?

Is it a coil of wool ? not my idea, a neighbour, i'm thinkin a coil of solder, been squashed whilst leaning to one side, and i believe he's left handed :eek:

I have seen things like this before but only individually, they look like the little spring like seal assisters you find on valve stem seals and gearbox seals. Never seen them like that though.
Curtain weights seems feasable, is it a coil or lots on a string?

Tony

Wow! So many replies! I forgot to tick the "notify me" box - sorry guys. :oops:

OK, Jo is a girl (my sister). The picture is of a necklace made of lots of these rings. I would say that they are about 1cm in diameter for the whole ring and the coiled metal that makes the ring is approximately 0.5-1mm. They are definitely not beads or things you buy from a haberdashery as the guy who made the necklace in the US told her it was an industrial type spare part (and had the cheek to be flogging them for £100!).

I think that the seal assister idea is most likely - thanks Tony.

Thanks again for all of your comments (or most of them ;) )

Have remembered to tick the "notify me" box this time!

Katie

Every other link cut out of a toilet pull chain too :D

Sponsored Links
Back