Anyone know which mfg is responsible for Electra?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to leave home for a while and Mumsy's old "Electra 1200" W/M is on its last thousandth-of-an-inch of brushes. I need to fit new brushes, but the problem is that I'm not sure which type to get. If I was in civilisation, I'd just take the old ones and go hunting, but I am in a remote Scottish island so I need to make sure that I get the right ones.

If anyone could shed any light on which brushes would be relevant for an Electra 1200 washing machine (approx 12 years old) then I'd be grateful. Cannae find any more data on the appliance itself other than it was made for "Electric Company" in the UK... My suspicion is that it's a Creda...???

Sponsored Links
Yeah it's a Hotpoint. As luck would have it, the minister called in to get donations for Poppies and admitted that he had a bust hotpoint at his Manse. so I've just been up there and got some matching brushes with about 18 months' life in them... which was nice.
So, moral of the story is: Electra 1200's are basically Hotpoints with a General Electric motor. Rock on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back