Anyone out there with a spare burner for an old Ideal boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to keep our ancient Ideal E Type RS 120 N going, on the grounds that even if it is a bit inefficient, it goes like a train. But the burner bar needs replacing and Ideal no longer do spare burners - they stopped in 2004. The part number is 052142. Where do I look for one? Would be incredibly grateful for any hints.

Sponsored Links
It won't be going like a train without a burner!!
(I'm afraid that you are unlikely to find a decent burner for your Mexico) probably time to upgrade to a nice new highly efficient steamer!! ;)

thanks for your reply - do you know it is a Mexico? that might help me find a new burner. It's still going, but is burning a bit dirty and smelly as I think the holes have widened over the years.

Mexico and Ideal E types? Two completely different boilers, and burners are different.

Sponsored Links
Whoops did I say Mexico?? :oops:
45years is correct diffrent burner layout entirely
however my advice is good we have been unsuccessfull in obtaining new burners for an Etype 125N in Cambridge and are fitting a Remeha Quinta 45 this summer! ;)

DeborahJ

you are not allowed to fit 2nd hand parts to gas appliance . just be happy ur boiler lived as long as it did and go and buy a nice new vaillant boiler. also if ur getting funny smells of the boiler call a gas safe engineer to check the boiler out asap as ther maybe fumes coming into your house!!

Agincourt1415";p="2311772 said:
DeborahJ

you are not allowed to fit 2nd hand parts to gas appliance .
Agincourt1415";p="2311772 said:
Rubbish!

But YES. stop using it. Odd smells are rarley good and never so off a boiler.

thank you everyone for your very helpful replies - I did try my best googling but do not have anything like the skill that Muggles has - particular thanks!

Hate it when people keep trying to polish a turd.

People spend a fortune on a top notch tv , ipod , cars ect

Just about the only thing that leaves money in your pocket (and were not just talkoing 10 or 20 quid) is a decent boiler.

Stop ****ing about and get a new one and its likely to pay for itself in the long run . You cant say that about your 42" plasma !!

Give WARMFRONT a ring if your skint and you might get one fro FREE

And youl get to live to tell the tale .........and spend the savings you make !!

Just because you can Google and find a stockist who "CLAIMS" to have a part -doesn't count for anything we have been there with this exact part, when contacted you will get the reply of "out of stock" or "discontinued" and then they try a get the sale of a new boiler!! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back