Anyone put different coloured keypads in house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Texecom DBD-0168 at the front door and only need a basic keypad for upstairs but these all seem green screens, so wondered if you had ever done this fitted blue then green else where

Sponsored Links
Any texecom elite keypad can be installed on to a Texecom premier elite control panel. Surface or flush green display or blue.

Thanks what I meant does it look out of place having one blue and one green, I just would of liked a blue non proximity tag one so saving money rather than paying for other tag feature that I don’t need

Sponsored Links
Certainly wouldn't put a blue screen next to a green screen, but elsewhere in the house depends on how you feel about it.

Unfortunately LCDLP in the kits are blue screen as are the SMK and FMK, kit 5 has the LCDP which is green screen, the rest are green screens currently and a Premier LCDLP (DBD-0002) is the same keypad as you have but green screen.

It has been raised in the past it being useful to have both screen colours available, think many moons ago, it was suggested on the Texecom forum about changing the LCD display, but that was a few years ago and cant remember the outcome.

Certainly wouldn't put a blue screen next to a green screen, but elsewhere in the house depends on how you feel about it.

Unfortunately LCDLP in the kits are blue screen as are the SMK and FMK, kit 5 has the LCDP which is green screen, the rest are green screens currently and a Premier LCDLP (DBD-0002) is the same keypad as you have but green screen.

It has been raised in the past it being useful to have both screen colours available, think many moons ago, it was suggested on the Texecom forum about changing the LCD display, but that was a few years ago and cant remember the outcome.
For the moment I’m going to put a blank faceplate over it (the alarm cable in the upstairs hallway) unless a cheap DBD-0168 pops up and just use the app at night for part arm, but thanks to everyone for the help

Sorry, to follow up I forgot to say I would really have preferred white but everything seems to be green or blue these days, personal choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back