Anyone recognise this stuff

2scoops0406

I recently was in need of some SWA cable, for an installation started before 1.1.2005 you understand, but being a cheapskate I decided to see if I could get any on ebay. Now before anyone starts yes I do have some reservations about buying cable from ebay, eg. quality, safety, wrong colours etc, but if we may we'll park that issue for the time being. Thing is I won an auction of a job lot of electrical stuff, that included a reel of 25 metres of 4 core 16 (maybe 25) square mm SWA.

Now the problem is identifying the shed load of other stuff that came with it, from the limited amount of investigation that I've done, most of it appears to be industrial switching gear (moeller), which is not really of much use to me, but is all new and in it's respective boxes.

There are also 65 unused lamps

3 High pressure sodium lights, plus a load of other stuff.

However what intrigues me is that there are 2 consumer units included. These are of the make domae, one is bare, the other has a full compliment of RCCB and MCB's

Has anyone one heard of this make, again I've had a look on the internet, but I've never heard of them before.

Is it worth lobbing this stuff back on ebay, or is a trip to the local refuse recycling centre (Dump), as David L would put it in order :LOL:

Ta, Ed.[/url]

Oh, if you're interested, the whole lot cost under £2 :D

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Has anyone one heard of this make, again I've had a look on the internet, but I've never heard of them before.
Odd - I typed it into Google and the very first result was: http://www2.schneider.co.uk/seweb2/internet/catalogues.nsf/luAllByID/NKIY-63QEH3?open

Is it worth lobbing this stuff back on ebay, or is a trip to the local refuse recycling centre (Dump), as David L would put it in order :LOL:
Well - you bought it - you can't be the only one.

Oh, if you're interested, the whole lot cost under £2 :D
You should do well. I'd suggest a dutch auction for those lamps, or sell them in batches of 5-10.

As I said in the original post, I only wanted the SWA. The rest is a "bonus"

At £1.97, I'm not grumbling.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ban-all-sheds said:

Never heard of it before I googled !!

ban-all-sheds said:
Well - you bought it - you can't be the only one.

I think I was unfortunately :LOL:

So what about these Domae CU's then? worth bothering with, load of the proverbial?

please note 10a which is here

Can't be any worse than Volex, and people buy those.

AFAIK, Schneider are a reputable company, but I've no real idea about that model of CU.

GIve it a whirl - what do you have to lose?

Sponsored Links
Had my CU replaced last year, so I don't need it, just wondering whether it was worth 'owt, seems a shame to chuck a fully loaded 100A 16 way split load CU away.

'Domae' by Square D appears to be equivalent, at least in naming, to the brand 'Sentry' by MK. Go back on eBay and find new empty ones going for £15.

If they're new and unused (or even if not), I would bung them back on individually if you think it's worthwhile for your time.

Yeah I know, no bids though!! I might just keep it and see if anyone I know can make use of it / is thinking of getting a new CU fitted in the near future.

I just checked the SWA again out of interest and it's in harmonised colours ! So much for the starting the work last year scam...... bu88er !!

Result, the CU is going to a good home, being installed next week by a qualified spark, fully fitted, tested, and certified, all for £125 notes. Cheap as chips as the orange one would say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back