Anyone recommend a Structural Eng please?

Sponsored Links
0.jpg

Not a massive job. Need to get get calcs for correct size of steel/padstones etc to be used to provide support for my bungalow roof. I could leave it as it is with the funky sagging rafters and purlin but I am getting the roof re-tiled and I think its sensible to try to sort the structure out before I re-tile. The roof is all 4" by 2" (rafters and purlin). The roof length gable to gable is about 7.8 metres, fortunately there are a coulple of walls (corridoor brick walls) at the centre of the roof span with props off these walls to the purlin such that the maximum unsupported purlin span is about 3.2 metres. The idea is to fit steel from gable end to corridoor wall at both sides and support the purlin off the new steel. Rafters are about 5.5 metres long, tiles are redland 49's.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back