Anyone use Berger paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently refurbing my (late) parents house with a view to renting it out. The house hasn't been decorated properly for a decade or too and when Dad last did it he painted around some of the furnature leaving a "shadow" on the walls like people do in a workshop with tools :D .
It's liable to be a case that some of the walls are going to be lined and painted as the plasterwork isn't wonderful.
At the moment I'm still pricing up decorating materials and have looked at Wickes trade emulsions at about £26 for 10 L and Berger do a same size for £23 at a merchant five minutes walk from my house. Anyone used either or have any better recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick response.
I'd done a search on here and people seemed happy with the Wickes emulsion at least but there was hardly any mention of Berger paints.

Berger has indeed become a name of the past, yet still remains to be a good paint system. Wickes is perhaps the better of the shed paints but does tend to lack in covering power.

Dec

Sponsored Links
That's a blast from the past, many years ago we used Berger and Brolac a lot, Manders as well, when acrylic primer started becoming really popular in the seventies Bergers acrylic was the best around, didn't know they were still going .

Well they don't sell enough to keep a paint factory going so my guess is they make paint for the sheds.

Just done a google and apparently they are owned by Asian Paints and just cashing in on the old name in the UK. Berger sounds better than Asian Paints I guess.

I'm currently refurbing my (late) parents house with a view to renting it out. The house hasn't been decorated properly for a decade or too and when Dad last did it he painted around some of the furnature leaving a "shadow" on the walls like people do in a workshop with tools :D .
It's liable to be a case that some of the walls are going to be lined and painted as the plasterwork isn't wonderful.
At the moment I'm still pricing up decorating materials and have looked at Wickes trade emulsions at about £26 for 10 L and Berger do a same size for £23 at a merchant five minutes walk from my house. Anyone used either or have any better recommendations?
Berger was mustard :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back