Anyone used Helifix crack stitching products?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to use these products to repair some cracks in some external masonry, although I've not used them before, the process looks very straight forward. I've got a 4.5lt tub of the 'special Helifix grout', cost about £50 + vat, but a bit surprised it looks to me like a bag of OPC and a sachet of PVA! Now I'm sure Helifix would say they're 'specially formulated' materials, but sure looks to me like I'm being tucked up!! Anyone have any opinions on this?

Sponsored Links
Oh good. Another topic about someone's paranoia about being ripped off. :rolleyes:

What, exactly, is the building problem you want help in solving?

It's actually an epoxy cement grout, not normal OPC. But yes, probably cheaper as a standalone packet.

The other big cost are the SS helical bars.

If you could source the items individually elsewhere, then
could be a bit cheaper.

Wouldn't touch twistfix with a bargepole. Target fixings much better and cheaper - followed by Helifix.

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't touch twistfix with a bargepole. Target fixings much better and cheaper - followed by Helifix.

What products do you buy from Helifix. How do you rate them?

I use helifix all the time an iv used twist fix and id say helifix hands down

crack stitching with the helirods an helifix is peace of cake be shore to wash out the cuts...

use the compound just add the white liquid to the powder an mix with a small mixing paddle in a drill slow speed to start with.
use the mortar gun to pump in the compound then poke in the rods an add more compound over the rods an jound off with pointing iron

resin bond gear isn't cheep for a reason its **** hot gear
try an get a helifix registered installer to quote the job your wallet will grow legs an run away lol...

I install loads of helifix gear from ties crack stitching to lintels

resin bond gear isn't cheep for a reason its **** hot gear
try an get a helifix registered installer to quote the job your wallet will grow legs an run away lol...

I install loads of helifix gear from ties crack stitching to lintels
Do you still do these kind of jobs ? Please let me know.

Thanks.... I did note that... I understand he hasn't posted anything for years... But i am just giving a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back